Wednesday 15 December 2010

Ingram Scarf

Please note: this pattern is now available to download as a pdf from Craftsy for $2. It will still be freely available on this blog, but I thought people might want the opportunity to download a pdf version. 

Free mens' scarf knitting pattern - a classic scarf worked lengthwise. Knits up to be very dense so should keep you nice and cosy!

Ingram Scarf knitting pattern by Littletheorem

Yarn : Cygnet Truly Wool Rich 4ply , held double. 4 balls = 820 m. 

Needles :5mm / US 8  60cm circular needle

Gauge: 28 stitches = 10cm with yarn held singly, with 3.25mm/US 3 needles.
               15 stitches = 10cm with yarn held double, with 5mm/US 8 needles, in stocking stitch.

Size: One size, 15cm x 200cm

Notation: 
k = knit
p = purl
CO = cast on
free mens scarf knitting pattern

Directions:

With yarn held double C0 300 stitches

Row 1: knit
Row 2: knit
Row 3: purl
Row 4: purl

Repeat the above four rows 12 times, or until scarf measures 15cm = 6'' across. Bind off and weave in loose ends.

12 comments:

  1. very nice designed blog...great pictures...and thank you for the patterns of your really baeutyful designs...greetings from germany colette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Colette, glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why is this pattern called "Ingram"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Zena, thanks for your question! I knitted this scarf for my Dad and he was living on Ingram St in Glasgow at the time. Not a very meaningful reason, but I just liked the name.

      Delete
  4. what does with yearn held double mean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nelia,
      Thanks for your question! It means you use two strands of wool at the same time from two different balls.

      Delete
    2. Now, I definitely have to make it, I know where Ingram St. is in Glasgow, I stayed on Pentland rd, when I was there.

      Delete
    3. That's just down the road from where I live in Shawlands! What a coincidence...

      Delete
  5. I just finished making this scarf with Deb Bliss Riva yarn. I love it. It's quite long in a bulky yarn, but is so cozy and warm. Thank you for sharing the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for the pattern. I love it. My grandfather's middle name was Ingram. I was thrilled when I saw the title. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would dearly love to hear your Scottish accent! I'm not sure you would like to hear my New York one :). I have just the right yarn for this. Thanks so much for the patter.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete