Thursday 19 May 2011

Handspun Yarn on Etsy


So, my thesis is finished now and I have a few months to relax before starting a PGDE course. So obviously the natural course of action is to spend those months playing with fibre. I've been handspinning with a drop spindle for a wee while now, but for my thesis-finishing present to myself I bought an Ashford Joy spinning wheel. I love it. I am glued to it. How I managed without a wheel for so long is beyond my comprehension.


To cut a long story short, I am going to start selling some handspun yarn in my etsy shop (at least those skeins I can bear to part with). First up is a beautiful fluffy white cloud of a skein of Falkland yarn. It's pretty similar to merino, and I'm leaving it undyed so you can dye it the way you like (or leave it plain and simple). As you can perhaps see from the pictures, it's a wee bit thick and thin, a little fluffy and somewhere between worsted and chunky weight. Delicious. 



Also, to sweeten the deal, I'm going to give you guys a 10% discount on everything in the shop this week, just enter the code MMMHANDSPUN at the checkout. 


No comments:

Post a Comment